7th Grade Reflection

When I first arrived in August for the first day of school, I expected 7th grade to be a lot more confusing, difficult to handle, and very overwhelming. Rumors that 7th grade is the hardest year in middle school had been haunting me all summer. But I soon realized, the new grade was not too much different from 6th grade, and the teachers eased into the year just as me and all my classmates did. By October, my life was a routine, I didn’t have to worry about locker combos, getting to class on time, etc. It was time for me to really focus on my studies while trying to excel in sports. Eventually, I figured out that there is lots of time incorporated in the school day for me to get things done. This ultimately made life a lot easier for me; I was stretching myself as much to get things done when I knew there was time I could finish it.

I seventh grade I learned a lot of things like:
– how to write different essays (expository, and narrative)
-about body systems, their structure and functions
-the history of the state of Texas and how it came to be
– part of a whole new language! (Spanish)

As the year comes to an end, I really liked how 7th grade went, it seems to have gone by faster than any other school year yet. I think this was of because of the solid routine I got into at the beginning of the year. If I had to do it over again, I would cherish all the great moments like football and basketball games, track meets, choir concerts, even off-season athletics. I almost forgot the weekends, yeah I would make those last if I got another chance.

My advice to the incoming 7th graders is don’t be overwhelmed by everything thats new. Teachers know how big that the transition is for you. Don’t get into a bad habit of procrastinating and turning in your HW late. That only is hurting your study skills and grade. Also, be yourself, surround yourself with the people YOU want to be with, and not anyone else. Lastly, enjoy the time you get in 7th grade, I know some parts might be a drag, but its a once in a life time thing that you should have unforgettable experiences after. I was super surprised when looking back for this blog post how much had happened this year. Hopefully you feel the same way writing this next year.