Chances for Leadership

I believe there are many chances for students to be a leader in and outside of school. Learning how to lead, I believe, is a more than handy trait that can only be taught through seeing and experiencing it.

I grew up watching cartoons and Superhero movies where most of the time there was some kind of “leader” involved. Whether it be Superman, or Mickey Mouse, there was almost always a leader somewhere. When I got older, I saw how a coach leads a team both through professional and my coaches playing basketball, football, soccer, and lacrosse. It is not much of the technical side of coaching, the x’s and 0’s, that reveal leadership in a person. I believe that its the way coaches encourage you to try your hardest to succeed, the way a coach can really connect and inspire, and they passion they show no matter what is happening is what really defines them as a leader.

You might be thinking, “That made no sense and just wasted 1 minute of my life,” but I really wanted to give a good model for how I describe the chances for leadership. There are many chances to lead in some kind of way, and I encourage everyone to try at their school and or club. But I believe, you have to have a true desire to lead whoever you are; You need a true want to be the person that leads with enthusiasm and passion. That metaphorical great coach everyone imagines. I have big expectations for myself as a leader since I grew up watching such great ones. So I think I finally answer one prompt question, Would you want to be a leader? Why or why not?