What State I’m From

Fairs, museums , games, parks… Texas has it all, and that’s where I’m from.

One reason you should love Texas is because of its land. Beautiful land reigns throughout the state including beaches, mountains, plains, and what we like to call “good farm land.” But, a specific example of the Texas beauty is Lake LBJ located in Kingsland, Texas. The lake is anchored with homes, including Lyndon Johnson’s former home, with a great small town feel. The sunset reflects off a mountain in the distance, and a late night boat ride is always encouraged. The feeling you get being there for a while is unbelievable.

Another reason Texas is a great state is because of how modern we are. Most people think that Texas is all cowboys and cattle, but it’s not. Austin, Texas holds a music festival everywhere named ACL that is huge. People around the world come to play and listen to the great outdoor concert. You can get food from food trucks, play a nice game of frisbee, and of course enjoy the endless music while in Zilker Park, where ACL is held. So, if your not a country type person, that doesn’t mean Texas isn’t the place for you.

I could go on and on about what Texas has to offer a person. Those examples were just contrasting the array of things Texas can provide. So next time you are wondering where to go, think about coming to Texas. And don’t forget, everything is bigger, and better, in Texas.

One thought on “What State I’m From

1. Dear Quade,

Your post about Texas was very convincing. I’ve heard that the music scene in Austin is fantastic and it’s on my bucket list to visit. I’d like to learn about it firsthand because I love music.

My name is Mrs. Ratzel and I’m one of the teachers that is serving as a mentor during Student Blogging Challenge. I was lucky to be assigned to your blog and I can already tell that it’s going to be fun reading what you’re writing.

I think the thing that surprised me so much was the Jayhawk background on your blog. I’m from Jayhawk country….Rock Chalk!!! You’ll have to tell me why you have that background.

I sponsor our school’s newspaper club and we blog at http://lmsblogs.org/newspaper . You can read all about our school and the things that happen. We’ve been so busy with finishing the yearbook and we’re on Spring Break this week. But starting with our club’s meeting on Tuesday, we’re going to be back writing lots of new stories. You should check it out.